Sunday, October 5, 2008

Consistent






My new goal is to blog more consistenly! On Friday I returned from my Part I of my days visiting the Ardennes region of Belgium. The staff retreat was great fun! We had a dancing contest on the first night and I was a very coordinated (Ron, that was you you!) member of the "Greek Dancers!" Although WE thought we had done enough to win the top dancing award. We fell behind the Celtic and Spanish Dancers.

Part II of the Ardennes region is tomorrow with the 4th grade class trip. This is what I have mentioned in a previous blog. I am hopeful for the weather and will report back upon my return!
There will be a first for me on the trip. We have been told that we are staying in "Tipi's" which I think this will be a cool experience!

Stay dry and anyone feel free to send pictures of the fall foilage! I hope to see some of the leaves turn this week :) Well, not actually turn in front of my eyes, but you know what I mean!


PS.

Here is a Belgium's most famous statue "Mannekin Pis!" This is about a 10 minute walk from the apartment. There are many legends surrounding the statue. My favorite one tells the story of a little boy who put out a bomb in a meadow by going to the bathroom! HA :) There is even a musem in Brussels to honor him that houses all his different outfits. He is appears in new attire weekly. WE WERE JUST GET WE DIDN'T GET WET FROM THE SPRAY ;) (Thanks for that Kacy!)

No comments: