My first trip to Spain did definately did not disappoint! What an experience to see Carisa for a few days and see first hand the fun she is having. Madrid was the arrival and departing point of my trip with time in between to Malaga and Seville.
Being in another landlocked setting (Brussels) the beach was calling! Luckily, the weather held out and made my way to the Spanish coast and went for 2 swims in the Mediterranean Sea. Some people are on the beach were in sweaters and some were in swimming costumes (thank you to Carisa's friend Pete for that term!). The water temperature was warm and I have DEFINATELY swam in colder waters. There is an easiness and sense of tranquility about being near the water that is hard to describe...
Seville is the 4th largest city in Spain and much larger than I anticipated. It has a neat flavor to it and a river runs through some of the main arteries. Seville is famous for a divese history especially reflected in their architecture from the Romans, Moors, and Christians.
People do not sleep in Spain either. I caught a cab at 4:30 am and there was a traffic jam on the way out. When I returned to Brussels near 10 the next morning, there were fewer people on the streets than Madrid hours earlier! What a night life....
Some special parts of the trip included two Spanish League soccer games. I due owe Carisa much gratitude for the tickets and the processes she went through to get them! We attended Read Madrid and an Athletico Madrid Game. Both teams were victorious and we had incredible seats for each game.
Here are some pictures!
Being in another landlocked setting (Brussels) the beach was calling! Luckily, the weather held out and made my way to the Spanish coast and went for 2 swims in the Mediterranean Sea. Some people are on the beach were in sweaters and some were in swimming costumes (thank you to Carisa's friend Pete for that term!). The water temperature was warm and I have DEFINATELY swam in colder waters. There is an easiness and sense of tranquility about being near the water that is hard to describe...
Seville is the 4th largest city in Spain and much larger than I anticipated. It has a neat flavor to it and a river runs through some of the main arteries. Seville is famous for a divese history especially reflected in their architecture from the Romans, Moors, and Christians.
People do not sleep in Spain either. I caught a cab at 4:30 am and there was a traffic jam on the way out. When I returned to Brussels near 10 the next morning, there were fewer people on the streets than Madrid hours earlier! What a night life....
Some special parts of the trip included two Spanish League soccer games. I due owe Carisa much gratitude for the tickets and the processes she went through to get them! We attended Read Madrid and an Athletico Madrid Game. Both teams were victorious and we had incredible seats for each game.
Here are some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment