Hello :)
Where should I begin??? Let me start by saying that blogging is a new venture for me! I created this account 15 minutes ago and will have to figure out how to post this note. Well, we have to start from somewhere...
Speaking of beginnings, Brussels has been my new "home" for just over a week now. I arrived the morning of August 5th. One of my new colleagues was awaiting for me at the airport. Collectively, we managed to put my 4 overweight suitcases in her tiny car! It was a bit embarrassing to say the least. Let me say this in my defense that I had only 2 additional box shipped over (Mom, thank you for for the help with that whirlwind). This brings my grand total to 6 bags/boxes for the year. At the very least, it sounds like an excellent excuse to shop ;)
Catherine dropped me off at the apartment to meet my landlord, Philippe. She had to run back to the airport to pick up the next new hire. While she was pulling away she asked how my French was. Quickly, I told her it was nonexistent and she told me that Philippe speaks very little English! Philippe ran through the apartment with me and showed me all the finer details; how turn on the shower, how to open a window, etc. We managed to work through our language barrier with little problems.
Where should I begin??? Let me start by saying that blogging is a new venture for me! I created this account 15 minutes ago and will have to figure out how to post this note. Well, we have to start from somewhere...
Speaking of beginnings, Brussels has been my new "home" for just over a week now. I arrived the morning of August 5th. One of my new colleagues was awaiting for me at the airport. Collectively, we managed to put my 4 overweight suitcases in her tiny car! It was a bit embarrassing to say the least. Let me say this in my defense that I had only 2 additional box shipped over (Mom, thank you for for the help with that whirlwind). This brings my grand total to 6 bags/boxes for the year. At the very least, it sounds like an excellent excuse to shop ;)
Catherine dropped me off at the apartment to meet my landlord, Philippe. She had to run back to the airport to pick up the next new hire. While she was pulling away she asked how my French was. Quickly, I told her it was nonexistent and she told me that Philippe speaks very little English! Philippe ran through the apartment with me and showed me all the finer details; how turn on the shower, how to open a window, etc. We managed to work through our language barrier with little problems.
Oh yes, this is the official flag of Belgum. No, it is not the German flag which has horizontal stripes!
More about the apartment soon.......
More about the apartment soon.......
No comments:
Post a Comment