One of the difficult parts of being in a new place is the constant inclination to go-go-go. Today, has been a local day of staying around the neighborhood and relaxing. My main focus will be permanently moving out of my luggage and officially into my dressers!
Today, I met several teachers at the market of St. Gilles. There are food, cheese, electrical, spice, clothing vendors, etc... The conversation came up at the Italian cafe about the emotional connection to food. Someone said how much more enjoyment we get from the food when we are part of the process some how via growing or choosing it. I think something is said to be said for that as the bite of my peach this morning was just divine!!! Before I left, I saw a similar article how some US schools are creating initiatives to address childhood obesity by having children create gardens and pick their own foood for snacks/meals.
The afternoon has been pretty restful and need to motivate to clean up the apartment!
1 comment:
Hey there Tdogg! Love the blog, love the pics, and love that you are loving it over there!
Post a Comment