My absence this week in blog updating is an indication of how the first week of school went. Busy, busy, busy! The students came on Wednesday for the first time. Every new school year brings a new set of nerves and jitters with it. I spent the week trying to sort out lesson plans, decorating the room, and meeting new colleagues, etc...
"
I must say my room decor might be the best I have had yet in my years of teaching. I must give credit where credit is due. Carisa went at it for a few hours last Monday and it looks great! It is quite fun to see what some fabric, colored paper, ribbon, and empty frames can come together to create :)
This week has been even more special because Carisa was here still. School presented some challenges in my first few days and it was comforting to come back to the apartment and spend time with her. My teaching job is called 4th grade learning support. This includes 1/2 my day co-teaching a math and language arts block, 1/4 of my day teaching a writers workshop, and the the final 1/4 of my day working with the 4 other 4th grade teachers supporting students who are struggling. I know already it is going to be a very positive and rewarding year, but starting new and transitioning does take some getting use to. I am looking forward to the second week starting tomorrow and getting into more of a routine with my daily responsibilities.
Let me share a conversation I over heard on Tuesday between two students and a teacher in the hall. The girls were in the hallway looking at the classrooms they had from last year. A teacher asked the girls why they were not enjoying their last day of vacation? They responded that they love school and can not wait until tomorrow :) It was really sweet.
The computer is calling me to finalize my lesson plans for tomorrow!
"
I must say my room decor might be the best I have had yet in my years of teaching. I must give credit where credit is due. Carisa went at it for a few hours last Monday and it looks great! It is quite fun to see what some fabric, colored paper, ribbon, and empty frames can come together to create :)
This week has been even more special because Carisa was here still. School presented some challenges in my first few days and it was comforting to come back to the apartment and spend time with her. My teaching job is called 4th grade learning support. This includes 1/2 my day co-teaching a math and language arts block, 1/4 of my day teaching a writers workshop, and the the final 1/4 of my day working with the 4 other 4th grade teachers supporting students who are struggling. I know already it is going to be a very positive and rewarding year, but starting new and transitioning does take some getting use to. I am looking forward to the second week starting tomorrow and getting into more of a routine with my daily responsibilities.
Let me share a conversation I over heard on Tuesday between two students and a teacher in the hall. The girls were in the hallway looking at the classrooms they had from last year. A teacher asked the girls why they were not enjoying their last day of vacation? They responded that they love school and can not wait until tomorrow :) It was really sweet.
The computer is calling me to finalize my lesson plans for tomorrow!
2 comments:
Tara,
It looks like you're having such a great time! I am completely jealous, but I enjoy the time I get to spend reading your blog and looking at photos to live vicariously through you. Things sure are different back here...
Ok it's been a couple of weeks and no updates....is Kacy out there?? Hope you're well!
Post a Comment